Sunday 27 September 2015

Making a Mask of Yourself

Initial Ideas

-Two main ways to approach the task.
-Firstly to design a mask based on actual facial features in particular aspects that are particularly prominent. Are there any other ways to show these features without being literal?
-With the latter point in mind I therefore decided draw a series of different designs depicting masks with four eyes showing my use of glasses.
-I used a minimal style when creating these images so as to create potential out comes reminiscent of various tribal masks that can be found all over the world.
-Working further into this aesthetic I decided to focus on other 'defining' features. In particular my heavy brow line and large, often red nose. This was also intended as a tongue in cheek approach to depicting myself.

















-The second way to approach this task would be to try and create a mask that conveys certain aspects about yourself.
-Having simultaneously moved away from home for the first time and been immersed into a new learning environment the past week has felt both overwhelming and incredibly nerve racking.
-This has led to what has felt like a massive knock to my confidence both socially and creatively.
-Therefore I decided to focus the features of my mask to the top portion of the human face choosing not to include a mouth in my design.
-This was so as to convey loss of voice creatively and socially.



No comments:

Post a Comment