Tuesday 3 November 2015

A Day in the Life : Development and Media Experimentation

Although in the first week of this task I had settled upon to ideas/potential out comes my third, relating to nature as a 'true haven for our phyce' still needed refining so as to effectively communicate its message.
Therefore I drew out more roughs so as to wrestle with this concept.
I tried to be as subtle as possible with it and rather than drawing a little figure of a human I included the impressions of a figure hidden within the shadows,puddles and reflections of the various roughs.


























I also began some character development of the figure of nature holding the child's hand. Although it wasn't necessary to draw out the entire figure I felt it would help give me a better understanding of how to construct it and build up textures and motifs relating to nature with out obscuring the form of a figure.

















































However the more I tried to develop the character and experiment with different media the more obscured I felt the forms were becoming within the composition.
I tried a variety of different analogue techniques including ink, water colour and pencil crayon. This was because I wanted to give my final images a warm and naive feel so as to reflect the theme of inner join. This was also the reason for switching from the use of greens to inks to describe the natural forms.
However I stated above I was still struggling to get the right between natural textures and clear forms within my images.



No comments:

Post a Comment