Thursday 27 April 2017

D and AD Edinburgh International Festival
My Contribution

Me and the other illustrator were tasked with creating the designs for the individual app icons. Essentially this became more of a design job than illustration which resulted in my first set of images looking a to cleaner and more 'corporate' than the other illustrator's work.

This was highlighted in a group crit and so as to rectify this I then added in characters given that they were present in all of the other illustrators contributions. I also hand drew some parts to give them a more playful feel so as to further bring them in line with other images.

As stated before I think I really let this brief down by not being assertive or communicating the other illustrator as much as I should which resulted in a  set of images that weren't fully cohesive, an issue that was only rectified by a rather lazy approach from me of adding in some characters last minute.
These issues were further exaggerated by my ongoing absence during the last two weeks due to illness.


No comments:

Post a Comment