Thursday 27 April 2017

Subversive Compliance

Having heard that Secret 7s wasn't running this year I was happy to be approached by the design studio I have been working at for the past few years to complete a record sleeve and label design for a local Sheffield distributor.

This will be both my first official illustration based commission (ie for an actual client not just a friend or friend of a friend) and I am pretty thrilled that it with in the area of electronic music given my passion for it and desire to shift my practice towards that area of the creative industry.

I think this will give me chance to further explore and refine the ambiguous and graphic illustration I had begun to develop last year given that in 504 I had almost completely turned away from this aesthetic and process of communicating.


No comments:

Post a Comment