Tuesday 5 April 2016

Final Gif: Analogue Media

For my analogue media gif I decided to go ahead with my tangled arms character. However I decided to rework the design some more and after a few more different direction, including some sinister cult like characters, ended up with a much simpler design than previously shown. I also decided to include rough analogue textures created using a graphite stick so as to create a variety of rapidly changing marks that would add an extra layer of movement to the gif.



Although I do think the movements shown do have the fluid motion I was aiming to get from my animation I am still not overly happy with the final result. This is because I feel it is perhaps too simple and boring. Had I chosen to make the character more graphic ie incorporate symmetrical elements for the knotting hands and make the character more shape based/bloc colour like depicted above it would have worked better.

However I do like the overall design of the character as I feel it has a certain balance of charm and weirdness that I was aiming to achieve with my designs through out this project. Furthermore the media I have chosen to use, ink and graphite, has produced some unexpected results such as slight variations in line thickness and quality which has resulted in adding an almost breathing type motion to my character giving him a more natural life like feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment