Monday 16 January 2017

Studio Brief 2: Printed Pictures
Mega Crit and Final Image Selection

Annoyingly although I had my designs and negatives all ready for print by the end of term mega crit, I hadn't had chance to print the final three designs. However I was able to get very useful feedback on the other two as well as the test prints that I had done previously.

The main points raised during the mega crit were that composition as well as colour were the main strengths of my images, particularly how vivid the colours were and how well they complimented each other. Furthermore most people seemed to think that the fuzzy textured china marker marks complimented the bold, often simplistic elements of my compositions making for very ephemeral work further reinforcing the moody subdued feel of the prints.

Most importantly it was highlighted that, despite being printed in different colour ways, it was clear that they all belonged to the same set of images and that, too some extent using different colours on each actually made them look more cohesive as a set. Therefore for the last 3 designs I will use different colour ways for each.

No comments:

Post a Comment