Monday 16 January 2017

Studio Brief 3: Moving Pictures
Initial Thoughts

Having looked at other practitioners worked I have come to the conclusion that the main visual devices I want to focus on within my stings are camera panning and texture. This is because, given my limited knowledge of animation, I realise I will not be able to create incredibly complex moving elements in the short amount of time which we have.

Therefore I think this project is all about doing more with less. The use of camera pans is a great way to add movement and dramatic pacing to what would other wise be a very still image. This will work well with my images given that the focus has been about giving them an as subdued atmosphere as possible and therefore I wouldn't want loads of individual elements to be moving too much as it would take away from this.

Furthermore I have seen how texture and lighting has added a real sense of tension to some videos. Given that tone and atmosphere are a huge part of my printed pictures, I think furthering this melancholy mood by using my screen printed textures within my stings will add to this effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment