Monday 16 January 2017

Studio Brief 3: Moving Pictures
Sting 2


Hiruki Murakami Sting 2 from C Cooper on Vimeo.

When creating my second sting I went for a drastically different tone to the first. I based the second sting off of my hammerhead print which was by far the most obviously surreal of all my images and also much lighter compositionally than the previous sting. Therefore I felt the video should reflect this in that the main aim atmospherically would be something much more mysterious, ephemeral and mysterious rather than the heavy sense of melancholy in the previous one.

Once again I have used a camera zooming in to transition from the original composition of the sting to a baron seemingly never ending space through which the sharks then swim from side to side in.

More so than the last sting I have used actual sound effects to reinforce the movement of individual elements. The inclusion of bubbling water and water splashes as the sharks move into the composition really helps give the illusion of both being under water and their movement through it.

Once again I wanted an ambient track of rising synths playing in the back ground to further the mood of the video. However, given the use of brighter colours of this video and the more overtly surreal nature of the elements within I decided to have a more ephemeral and light heart track playing so as to reflect the sense of mystery I was going for in this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment