Tuesday 17 January 2017

Studio Brief 3: Moving Pictures
Final Outcomes



Hiruki Murakami Sting 1 from C Cooper on Vimeo.
Hiruki Murakami Sting 2 from C Cooper on Vimeo.
Hiruki Murakami Sting 3 from C Cooper on Vimeo.

Reflections

Although each video as a different mood I think they do work cohesively and clearly as a set. This is because they all tie in with each other and the work of Murakami through the lonely and desolate feeling they all have despite conveying different specific atmospheres.
I think the tension of the lamp sting is particularly effective due to the claustrophobic and brooding sense of dread which ultimately amounts to nothing, a plot device that occurs time and time again in Murakami's novels.

I think on a technical level the shark sting is the best as it employs widest and best using of aftereffect techniques in that there is both camera panning and zooming as well as multiple moving elements. The water sound effects have also made this sting feel particularly strong as they have helped make the images setting and the moving elements feel more real.
Overall I think sound has been really important in setting the atmosphere and mood of each piece. The use of ambient music and sounds has helped give each a a heavy sense drama and atmosphere in each. Had my stings been longer I think I could have further elaborated on this by using a variety of sounds and camera transitions to give them a stronger sense of pacing and movement.

Although I am happy with these stings I think I could have been a lot more ambitious in my use of aftereffects to further the intrigue and drama of each piece. I feel reasonably confident with aftereffects now and in the future would like to explore more complex techniques such as the puppet tool and how they can further the aesthetic and impact of my image making.

No comments:

Post a Comment